DI Karl Jäger establishes Ing. Karl Jäger, Unternehmung für Hoch- und Tiefbau, Schruns in 1922 following construction engineer studies at the Technical High School in Vienna and work in large German engineering offices.
The first projects to be build are motive water tunnels for the hydroelectric power plant in Montafon. As a result, DI Karl Jäger and his enterprise participate in the construction of numerous power plant and tunnel structures and become involved in road and bridge construction.
After Karl Jäger’s untimely death in 1939, his widow, Elisabeth Jäger, takes the helm of the construction company and successfully manages the firm during the difficult war-time and post-war years.
DI Karl-Ludwig Jäger, the founder’s eldest son, joins the company in 1957 after his studies at the Technical University in Graz and several years of work abroad.
Under his leadership, JÄGER develops into an internationally recognised industrial enterprise. Conversion of the Ing. Karl Jäger firm to Jäger Bau Gmbh takes place in 1984.
In 1991 Manfred Jäger and Guntram Jäger become managing directors along with their father and take over the steering of the company in 3rd generation.
Manfred Jäger responsible for the underground works, Guntram Jäger for general construction and civil engineering, the project development as well as the various subsidiaries.
In 1999 Nikolaus Gassner enters the company and as manager of the finance and accounting department and treasurer he joins the management team in 2003.
Since 2013 Guntram Jäger leads the JÄGER GROUP assisted by Nikolaus Gassner.